Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Have you ever been on a long road trip with an infant?  Well, I can now check that off my list.  Zach went for his first road trip to Mercer, WI this weekend to celebrate the new year with some of our friends.   The drive was roughly 6-7 hours and not quite like road trips of our past.  We included a couple more stops than normal to feed Zach and give him a chance to stretch.  We found that after a few hours he isn't exactly happy to sit in the confines of his car seat.  Luckily he slept for a majority of the drive however I did find myself shhing and telling stories to keep him appeased a few times. 

We were in WI for 3 nights which would normally have Rich and I throwing some clothes in a couple of small duffles and hopping in the car.  Now our packing is incredibly different.  We thought we would drive up with another couple that has a 1 year old girl but after we all assessed all the clothing, burp cloths, diapers, pack & plays, bottles, and gear we realized that the 6 of us wouldn't fit in one car/suv.  Oh well....we loaded our car up (and I mean loaded....trunk and back seat) and made our way up to WI in caravaning style. 

Here are a few photos from the weekend........
Zach made his way to his first water park.  Don't worry, we didn't let him swim.

Zach made a new friend!  Izzy (daughter of a couple of our friends) was a huge fan of "Baby Zach" and wanted to make sure she was close by whenever he was in the room.


Here Izzy is helping Rich sooth Zach and show off a baby of her own.


Kaitlin (daughter of a couple of friends) was excited for Zach to be hanging around as well however we didn't get any photos of them together.


Zach stayed up and rang in the new year!  Happy New Year!  And yes.....I actually wore that silly looking tiara.  Stylish, right?  I'm pretty sure I'm ready for Project Runway.

And this is the largest snowman I've ever seen.  We passed this as we left Mercer, the -5 degree weather and 2010 behind.   HELLO 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment