Thursday, January 31, 2019

Frozen Tundra

So I’m guessing you have all heard the news or are living through it like us but it is COLD here!  Record low temps!  I mean the high yesterday was -22 but of course felt like -50.  I never thought I would experience temps of Antarctica or Mt Everest but now I at least can take those two locations off my bucket list.  In all honesty....I had a work trip in Atlanta so after several delays due to frozen aircraft I was able to get out of town and avoid the worst of it.  Rich and the kiddos on the other hand worked from home and stayed home from school.  This will definitely be something we all remember.

Our local news.....




A local weather forecast....


Train tracks on fire to keep them warm and trains running...


The view from my office at the start of the week as the river began to freeze.

And a fun experiment the kids did with Rich.  Boiling water to steam in the blink of an eye.


Anyone want to come visit?!



No comments:

Post a Comment