St. Patty's in Chicago is a pretty big deal so Rich took the boys down to see the river dyed green. Baby Jax join them as well. The boys love having Baby Jax around (our friends Henry and Sarah are his parents) so they are going to miss him when he moves to Colorado in a few months. Hopefully our boys will be as nice to their new little sister when she arrives as they are to Jax.
We've done several movie nights and a lot of goofing off...
Zach has helped Rich with some household projects and Gunnar finds him self funny and quite the smartypants.
At the end of March we made our way to Nana and Boppa's house! I spent a few days there before coaching the rowing team in SC and the boys got to stay and play all week. Rich even got a little play time in while he spent some time job hunting in NC.
I think this may be my favorite photo of the boys. Thanks to Lynn and Rich for letting them play at the lake!
Rich and Boppa took the boys for a mountain hike and they had a blast. It ended with a bit of a scary run in with a black snake. If you want the full story, you'll have to ask Boppa or Gunnar. They seem to have the most exciting versions of how it all went down.
Back in Chicago for April we have started up the spring sports season. Zach has t-ball on Saturdays and soccer on Sundays. Luckily Gunnar enjoys going to the fields almost as much as Zach.
While I've been coaching rowing the boys have found some fun ways to spend their time.
I don't like missing out on fun with the boys on my rowing weekends however I have to say that at least some of our regattas prove to be worthwhile. I've got a really small team this year but today they hung in there through the cold and wet conditions and really impressed. They brought home 2 silvers and 1 gold! It was fun to see them so excited about their success. Oh...and the girl right in front, Genevieve,....our boys LOVE her!
Ooh, and I had a birthday a few days ago. The boys were great for my birthday dinner and helped me to celebrate wtih one of my favorite desserts. No need for plates!
Ok, are you all tired of this yet? Sorry for the long long post. I'll try to get back on at least a monthly update. It gets easier to find time to do things with 3 children, right? Eek!
Maybe we should all just stop and smell the flowers. *Note....not all of these flowers were on sale. The employees of this store and I had an interesting interaction. Only the "spring flowers" were on sale. Duh!
No comments:
Post a Comment