Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy New Year........the holidays are over.

I think I'm in denial.  As most of you know I LOVE Christmas!  This year the holiday came and went way too fast.  In fact we still have lights outside at our front door and Zach's cardboard xmas tree with lights is still making the basement festive.  Otherwise....all decor has been packed away.  

I'm not sure if it is my denial or just sheer procrastination that has caused me to not update the blog.  Either way I'm starting off 2013 just trying to catch up and we are less than two weeks in.  Our holiday had a bit of a rocky start.  We bought a new furnace 4 days before Christmas and a new car 3 days before Christmas.  Neither of the two were planned purchases but rather unexpectedly needed purchases.  As much of a shock as it was to our plans and our wallet, we do enjoy having a warm home and a car that easily accomodates Zach and will soon work well for baby #2.  For those of you wondering if I caved and bought a minivan......NO.  We ended up with a GMC Acadia but it still holds 7 passengers!

Below are some photos of our Christmas with Zach.  Nana and Boppa came to visit which was great!  I can't imagine a Christmas without them and I think Zach was more than spoiled by them.  I'm still trying to reverse some of the "holiday routine".  Zach is starting to understand the fun of the holiday and loves the excitement of it all.  After he opened each present he of course had to play with it so the process took a while.  I think next year he will be a handful!

And the spoiling begins.......

Notice the wardrobe change......Zach insisted on wearing the train sweater and hat as soon as he opened it.  Who knew he would be so excited over clothes?!

He needed a drill to help Dadda with all the basement work.

Nana had to help Zach grill some food as soon as his grill was opened.

Santa Clause made a stop at our house.  Zach must have been really good!


Zach had Christmas #2 at Grandma & Boppa Jim's.


Just a few days after Christmas we celebrated Boppa Jim's birthday with Mary's wedding!  Congrats to Mary and Mike.

Here was the best shot I got of Zach and Connor hanging out at the festivities.  They make me laugh



Nana and Boppa Bill were nice enough to look after Zach for a few days while Rich and I took a road trip to Door County, WI.  Thank you!  It was nice to get away for a few nights to ring in the new year and celebrate our 5th anniversary.  Yep....5 years!  We decided to celebrate a little early since Rich is in Atlanta for work this week.   Everyone remember where you were 5 years ago today??  Woohoo!  What an awesome party!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment