Sunday, August 5, 2012

Back Family Vacation!!

So this post is a little delayed but I've just now found the time and motivation to get our vacation photos uploaded.  Most of you that read the blog were actually on vacation with us so I'll make this brief.  For the few of you that check in on Zach via the blog and aren't actually family, we spent 5 days on Douglas Lake in TN with my extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, and of course Nana and Bopa).  This Chicago contingent had a lot of fun and hope that we do another family vacation in the not too distant future.

Here is a quick photo recap of the trip.

Zach and Rich check out the airplanes as we wait for our flight to Knoxville.

This is our view from the house we rented.


Nana made sure Zach and her had some quality pool time.  You know how much Nana likes the water!
  
Bopa brought his boat which was fun for everyone.  I wish I had shots of everyone tubing but these of us hanging out on the boat will have to do.




A highlight of the vacation was definitely the karaoke we stumbled upon at Perkins.  Yes...the same Perkins that many of you know as a family/breakfast restuarant.  Grant was an instant star and was even videoed by the DJ.

Kim knocked an item off her bucket list and belted out an old school country tune.  You rock Kim!  Andi, also showed us some great vocals and moves but Zach was on the run at that point so I missed out on getting a photo.

I couldn't resist heading back into the town of Dandridge on the last day for a fun photo opp.

On our last day of vacation we had some time to kill before our flight so we headed to a mall in Knoxville to get out of the heat.  Zach had a great time riding all the fun kids rides.  And we even got to ride a train around the mall!




On to the next adventure..........

No comments:

Post a Comment