Sunday, February 11, 2018

Snow Day!!

Anyone else love snow?!  Ok....I don’t like driving in Chicago traffic (or shoveling) when it snows but I love how quiet it makes this urban world sound.  Everything feels muffled and secure when the fresh snow is coming down.  Just a few moments of living in a surreal snow globe makes the snow magical.  The snow was just starting to come down as I walked to the train on Thursday night.


 Oh and my kids love snow too! The boys love sledding and building snow forts.  Hazel even loves a good sledding ride and lasts as long as she can until she gets tired of wearing gloves.  Friday was a snow day for the schools and Rich and I had the luxury of working from home.  It made for a nice start to the weekend!  Plus....the Olympics are in full swing and who doesn’t love watching the Olympics?  We hit the sledding hill in our own attempt at being winter Olympians.  We’ve got a ways to go...



Gunnar’s sled ended up in this pile for the second time of the season.  Fortunately Target still had a few sleds in stock.


Fort building!




And a little family fun








And snow cream to top it off!


No comments:

Post a Comment