Well, we have officially been parents for 6 years now. Crazy! I think we have learned a lot but this job still challenges us daily. How many years of parenting does it take to have all the answers??
Zach is 6!! He was very excited to turn 6. The timing of his birthday this year fell during our holiday travels so the celebration was a little tricky and actually lasted a few days. Who wouldn't want a birthday weekend though?!
We started our celebration on Friday in Pulaski. Miss Robin's was a great spot for lunch and we followed it up with ice cream from the Blue Ridge Fudge Lady. It was just what Zach wanted and I would recommend both! Zach and I even walked between the two and he thought the railroad tracks and the old cannons were pretty cool.
Next we went to our hotel in Wytheville for a jump in the pool and then pizza, cake and gifts.
On Zach's actual birthday we drove back to Chicago but we managed to celebrate with a couple of friends yesterday at the Choo Choo restaurant followed by a movie. Grandma and Boppa Jim even joined us for dinner and another birthday cake.
So far I think 6 seems pretty darn fun!











No comments:
Post a Comment