I think every weekend should be a 3 day weekend. Does anyone out there agree with me? Seriously, the weekend is so much more enjoyable when you get that extra day and I guarantee I'll enjoy my work week that much more knowing that I'm only working 4 days rather than 5. Someone should get on changing the US full-time work week. If you ran for office and that was your platform, you'd have my vote!
As you can probably guess......we had a great weekend! The best part is that we really didn't do anything super exciting or out of the ordinary (at least for our family). We didn't go to any cookouts or parades. We didn't go out of town to enjoy a lake or a beach although that does sound nice. We simply stayed home, knocked a few things off our "to do" list, took advantage of great weather when we had it, and found other fun when the weather was gloomy. Here is a glimpse at our past few days.
Saturday morning started off with a FedEx delivery that had the boys super excited. Nana and Boppa found a good deal on a large tent so they were nice enough to send it our way. We have promised Zach that we will go camping this summer so the adventure begins!
Our whole day was spent outside which was a nice introduction to summer. The ice cream truck even made its way down our block so we obviously couldn't pass that up although it left the boys a little blue. Literally.
We capped off the night with S'mores! Yum! The boys did great however we didn't think to put something under our fire pit so we now have a perfect circle of dead grass. Oops.
I'm not sure if mentioned our gift to Gunnar for his 2nd birthday in my previous post but we literally got him a box of rocks. Yep, Rich made this awesome box and instead of sand we have filled it with pea gravel. The boys love it! After some S'mores there seems to be nothing better than a little pre-bedtime dance on the rock box.
Yesterday and today were a bit rainy so we hit the movies, played video games, and let the boys drive the car.
If this is any indication of how our summer will be then I can't wait! Bring on the summer weekends!!
On a more serious not......I know this weekend is to honor our fallen troops and I'm so thankful for what each part of the armed forces does to allow for our freedom. I'm definitely proud and grateful to live in this great country. So I hope each of you were able to enjoy a day off with friends and family. Happy Memorial Day















No comments:
Post a Comment