Summer is here and I feel like time should be slowing down a little but that doesn't seem to be the case. What happened to drinking lemonade on Mamaw's porch swing or playing all day and then catching fireflies before bed? Do we really have to grow up?
June has been busy thus far. My rowers were great this season and two of the boats (9 girls) qualified for Nationals. Regionals was full of nail biting tension and the qualifications had us all yelling, jumping, and some of us even crying with excitement. It has been 4 years since I took girls to nationals and it was definitely time to return however I forgot that it added 3 more weeks to the season. Summer doesn't begin for me until I'm done coaching so last weekend was the last hoorah of the season. My Ltwt 8+ finished 19th (not bad for such a young crew) and my Ltwt 4+ finished 8th. Everyone left ready to step it up and go back next year.
Earlier this week I found a children's resale shop that was like waking up on Christmas morning! They had all kinds of gear, clothes, and toys and I saw a great find right as I walked in the door. See the photo below. I pulled this out of the trunk and Zach immediately said "ooh, ooh, ooh!" Next we rode around the neighborhood and block for 45 minutes only to end the evening in tears when we made Zach leave the toy behind and get ready for bed. I knew he would like it but I had no idea just how big of a hit it would be. Looks like I know what we will be doing with our summer evenings!
This weekend Zach and I are "housesitting" for a rower's family that was kind enough to offer us their house while Rich had a guys weekend at our house with a couple of his college buddies from out of town. Happy Father's Day! Zach and I will be in Winnetka enjoying the large backyard, playset, trampoline and pool. Well.....Zach is still warming up to the idea of the pool but I'm hoping tomorrow goes better. I'll try to get a couple of photos but it is hard to take photos when I'm the only adult here to play alongside of him.


No comments:
Post a Comment