Saturday, November 26, 2011

ONE!!

Zach is 1 today!  We've had a rollercoaster of a day.  I wish I could say that we had a fun party and he enjoyed every minute but Zach has been sick so we spent the morning at the doctor's office, cancelled the family party, and didn't let him have the joy of destroying his first cake.  Don't worry....we tried to make the best of it.  Both sets of grandparents were still here for the afternoon and we helped Zach open presents.  I still have grand plans of making him a really cool cake but we will be doing that next weekend. 

Anyway, we can't believe just how much he has grown!  Here are all the monthly photos from the past year as well as a few from today. 












When I found out that Zach wouldn't be allowed to eat cake today......I nixed my decorating plans and improvised by making my oddly shaped caked covered with chocolate and M&Ms.  Not the prettiest but the fun fire truck cake will happen next week when he can really enjoy it. 

We managed to get Zach to cooperate for a couple of photos.  I don't really have any of him opening presents since we were helping him but I'm sure I'll post some once Grandpa Bill shares them with us.

Zach enjoyed a seat in my old rocking chair.

And a fun plane ride before bed was needed!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love the month photos. So fun to see the progression. :-) Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete